Monday, April 5, 2010

Board Games Suck

For some reason, whenever I play Guess Who, something like this happens.

Me: Does your person have red hair?

Max: Nope.

Me: crap. [Flips down a few tiles}

Max: Does your person have glasses?

Me: Uh, yeah.

Max: nice. [Flips down more tiles]

Me: Alright, let’s see…. Would you have sex with your person?

Max: I don’t know- would they be good?

Me: So-so, but you’ve been drinking so it’s pretty much moot.

Max: So it’s like a one night stand thing?

Me: Well yeah, but you should at least call them the next day. That’s just etiquette.

Max: So I have to give them that whole talk about how I like them, but I just got out of a long term relationship and this isn’t going to work, and besides I’m really focusing on my career right now?

Me: Pretty much. And it’s pretty awkward.

Max: Right, right….. I’m going to say yes.

Me: Okay….. [Flips down a few tiles] is your person Richard?

Max: Yeah.

[Uncomfortable silence]

Me: I think we need to have a talk.

Max: See, this is why I wanted to play fucking Risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment